Seeking Expressions of Interest: Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems Remote Pilots
About the role:
Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) Remote Pilots will be undertaking a period of testing and evaluation of Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA). These RPA are less then 25Kg in MTOW and will be involved in remote, rural and operations in and around populated area by day and night. The role has a core focus on Commercial RPAS operations in Australia and the necessary qualifications required to operate RPAS under Australian Aviation Regulations administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). The position(s) are for a period of initially 6 months with options for renewal based upon project objectives.
- Conducting testing and evaluation of RPA hardware.
- Overall Pilot in Command actions whilst undertaking flight planning and missions.
- Ensuring the Remotely Piloted Aircraft and supporting hardware is serviceable for flight operations.
- Performing operational maintenance activities in order to meet serviceability requirements to support flight operations.
- Undertaking RPAS Controller activities and responsibilities in accordance with CASA Regulations and Unmanned Systems Australia RPA Operators Certificate (ReOC).
- Updating and maintaining aviation documentation including personal flying qualification and currency records, flight logs and aircraft/system logs.
- Developing/updating flight manuals and procedures for a major Australian Commercial operator
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and previous experience operating RPA in Australia's airspace regulations and procedures suitable for the RPA class.
- Be in possession of a remote pilot license (RePL) in the small category (multi-copter up to 25Kg) or have the ability to upgrade existing RePL to meet this category.
- Previous expertise as a RPA Chief Pilot
- Demonstrated knowledge of multi-copter RPA flight operations in a commercial operation, with preference for programming and engineering skill using the PixHawk Flight controller and associated mission planning software.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including application, hardware and networking experience. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications to draft and edit complex documentation.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and are able to communicate with air traffic effectively.
- The ability to work accurately and unsupervised, and the ability to prioritise work as required and manage.
- Expertise in the operation of autonomous aircraft systems.
- Personnel holding Medium or Large RePL (up to 150Kg or greater than 150Kg) who also fulfil the above criteria.
- RPAS maintenance qualification or demonstrated equivalent aircraft maintenance experience.
Working at Unmanned Systems Australia:
Unmanned Systems Australia is a small company that represents the interests of other companies operating Unmanned and Autonomous Systems in Australia. Unmanned Systems Australia is looking at the expansion of the Unmanned Systems commercial capability but has broader interests in both the military and government sectors.
Closing Date: 15 April 2017
If interested please send your CV to the contact email below.
Send your details to:
Unmanned Systems Australia is a veteran owned and operated business who believes in equal employment opportunities for all (both manned and unmanned). Unmanned Systems Australia is also a supporter of the Heforshe - A Solidarity movement for gender equality.